Mold: four letters, one syllable, a world of anxiety and stress. It’s such a simple word with the potential to cause so many problems. Why is mold so troubling and what should you do if you find mold in your house or discover it while you’re house hunting?
Steps to take as soon as you detect mold:
- Cleaning with bleach and water, or other household disinfectants will not kill mold. Try to keep yourself, children, employees and others out of the affected area.
- Attempting to dry the area with a fan might disturb the spores and spread them to a new area.
- If the mold is contained to a room with a door, keep the door closed.
- Call a locally based professional mold removal service, such as Green Wave. Make an appointment with Green Wave at (316) 619-2136.
- You may wish to notify your insurance company. Many homeowner’s insurance policies cover mold removal, and many policies require you to report your issue “as soon as reasonably possible.”
Mold grows quickly: It only takes 24 to 48 hours for mold to grow and spread in wet, warm conditions.
Mold is undetectable: Excessive moisture behind walls, under floors or in cabinets or closets are perfect breeding grounds for mold. This is mold that you often can’t see or smell but it can make you and your family very sick.
Mold issues are expensive: Mold damage can cost as much as $10,000, and most insurance carriers will not cover the cost of mold removal.
Know the symptoms of mold exposure: They include severe body aches, joint pain, nausea and chronic, sometimes serious respiratory issues. These symptoms can develop quickly or over time.
Know the people at risk: The very young, the very old and people with compromised immune systems are most likely to be affected by mold. Mold can even be deadly among these groups of people.
If you treat mold yourself, always wear protection
Green Wave Restoration recommends you hire a professional to perform mold remediation services and restore your home or business back to the state it was in prior to the damage. Contact us today for a free quote. We work with your insurance completely so you do not have to.
Contact Green Wave Restorations today!
Leave a Reply